Congratulations on your new tattoo! Though the hard part may be over, we'd like to remind you that proper aftercare is crucial to living with a well healed, attractive tattoo!
- DO NOT remove the dressing for at least 3 hours, ideally keep it on for 24 hours.
- After removing the dressing, wash the tattoo with warm water and a gentle soap. DO NOT SCRUB!
- Pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel.DO NOT rub as you may remove some of the scab.
- Try to keep the tattoo moist with E45 or Bipanthen for the next three weeks. This will avoid the skin becoming dry, flaky and itchy.
- Avoid wearing clothes that may rub or irritate the tattoo during the healing period.
- DO NOT expose your new tattoo to direct sunlight or immerse it in water. In other words, no sunbathing or swimming until it heals.
- NEVER pick or scratch at your tattoo scab!
- To ensure the longest life possible for your tattoo once it has healed, we recommend using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher whenever you are out in the sun.
- This aftercare adivce is written by people who know. If you choose to ignore or take the advice of your mate down the pub, that's your choice. Look after your tattoo now and it will stay beautiful for life.
- Enjoy your tattoo and wear it with pride.
- If you have any worries or questions, please don't hesitate to phone (020 7033 9222), or come in.
- Our equipment is pre-sterillized and all colours are non-toxic. We always tattoo with unused, sterile needles and at the end of each tattooing session everything is disposed of for your protection and ours.