Congratulations on your new piercing
Although the hard part may be over, we’d like to remind you that proper aftercare is crucial to living with a well healed piercing.
Infections can develop easily on a new piercing since it is an open skin wound.
1. Be sure to keep dirty fingers and tight or dirty clothing away from a new piercing.
2. Do not touch or play with your piercing or jewelry as this will cause an infection.
3. Refrain from oral or sexual contacts until the area is well healed as viruses and bacteria can be passed through an open wound.
4. After a few days the piercing will start to excrete fluid (lymph) which will dry and harden on the jewelry. THIS IS NORMAL, however, the lymph should be carefully removed during cleaning.
FOR ALL PIERCINGS EXCEPT ORAL
- Clean piercings twice times a day.
- Thoroughly wash your hands before handling your piercing.
- Soak a cotton pad with saline solution (Approx. 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to 1/2 pint of hot water)
- Place the cotton pad on the piercing and gently wipe around the skin and the jewellery.
- Hold the jewellery to stop it moving and using the soaked cotton pad clean the visible part of the jewellery at both the entry and exit holes of the piercing removing any dried lymph.
- When the jewellery is completely clean gently ease the jewellery through the piercing once only, and clean the part that normally remains inside the piercing.
- Dry the entire area with a clean cotton pad.
- Repeat this process twice times a day even after your bath or shower as soap can cause irritation.
- To ensure your piercing heals quickly discontinue the use of antiseptic ointments such as savlon, germolene, TCCP, Dettol and surgical Spirit. These products slow the healing process.
- REMEMBER piercing heal faster when clean and dry.
FOR ORAL PIERCINGS
- Use an antiseptic mouthwash after eating, drinking or smoking.
- Brush teeth gently twice a day with toothpaste.
- Ice will help reduce the swelling.
- Kissing or other oral contact should be avoided for 6 weeks.
FOR ALL PIERCINGS
If you have any queries, problems or worries please contact us on 020 7033 9222 or pop in to see us and we will be happy to help.
Congratulations on your new Tattoo
Although the hard part may be over, we’d like to remind you that proper aftercare is crucial to living with a well healed, attractive tattoo!
- DO NOT remove the dressing for at least 3 hours, ideally keep it on for 24 hours.
- After removing the dressing, wash the tattoo with warm water and a gentle soap. DO NOT SCRUB!
- Pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel.DO NOT rub as you may remove some of the scab.
- Try to keep the tattoo moist with E45 or Bepanthen for the next three weeks. This will avoid the skin becoming dry, flaky and itchy.
- Avoid wearing clothes that may rub or irritate the tattoo during the healing period.
- DO NOT expose your new tattoo to direct sunlight or immerse it in water. In other words, no sunbathing or swimming until it heals.
- NEVER pick or scratch at your tattoo scab!
- To ensure the longest life possible for your tattoo once it has healed, we recommend using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher whenever you are out in the sun.
- This aftercare adivce is written by people who know. If you choose to ignore or take the advice of your mate down the pub, that’s your choice. Look after your tattoo now and it will stay beautiful for life.
- Enjoy your tattoo and wear it with pride.
- If you have any worries or questions, please don’t hesitate to phone (020 7033 9222), or come in.
- Our equipment is pre-sterillized and all colours are non-toxic. We always tattoo with unused, sterile needles and at the end of each tattooing session everything is disposed of for your protection and ours.